Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
Le lundi 18 mai 2015 à 04:04 +0200, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 2015-05-11 15:31, Robert Schweikert wrote:

But the concern is valid as not all HW that needs support and has
drivers upstream is of interest to SLE and thus backports would
potentially lacking. If there is a commitment from SUSE to
backport also those drivers that are not important to SLE into the
source tree for SLE that openSUSE would be based on that would be
an "easy" fix to address this concern.

My concern as well.

I understand that SLES is designed for certified hardware, not any
kind of hardware.

"designed for certified hardware" doesn't mean anything.

We ensure SLE works fine with some hardware, and then, this hardware is
flagged as "certified". Not the other way around.

Not the kind of hardware that consumers buy, anyway,
but rather professional grade hardware.

But again, SLE will work fine on a lot of regular hardware (we don't
disable much hardware support, even more if you look at SLED, which
ships most of drivers which are available from vanilla kernel).

--
Frederic Crozat
Enterprise Desktop Release Manager