Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:46:00 +0200
On 05/11/2015 01:35 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 11.05.2015 13:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 07.05.2015 10:23, Richard Brown wrote:

but when we look around and call for volunteers to actually
help, like we did for the 13.2 release process, or oSC 15,
we're very lucky if we get anyone helping at all

That's the point I was trying to inspire a discussion about. I
think we need to think very hard and with a very open mind about
what this means.

What are the reasons that people don't answer our calls for
help?

I think the calls for help are too broad or too loose for people to
feel attracted/inclined. Just a hunch. Personally, I see no
problem in dedicating a few hours a week to the "13.x release
process", but I need a todo-list from which I can pick the top item
and then work it for e.g. an hour or so.

Like https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-13-2-release ?

Just in case somebody is about to complain that list is not visible enough.

https://news.opensuse.org/2014/10/16/opensuse-13-2-time-to-get-your-hands-dirty/
https://news.opensuse.org/2014/09/22/opensuse-13-2-is-coming-first-beta-has-arrived/
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:How_to_participate/Topics (Link in "help
us to release next version"
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:13.1/TODO
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-web/2013-11/msg00001.html
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2013-12/msg00402.html

I gave up in looking for more links to that list. Of course, anybody
offering help in #opensuse-project or #opensuse-factory would be pointed
to the list as well.

Can it be better? Sure. Is the lack of a list of concrete tasks stopping
somebody to contribute? Absolutely not.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa