Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
Am 10.05.2015 um 15:15 schrieb Martin Schlander:

It must motivate at least some Tumbleweed contributors bringing their
packages
to hundreds of thousands of people, and not just a limited group of
Tumbleweed
enthusiasts.
You could say the same about upstream developers. Why don't we see tons
of upstream developers packaging? I make it easy (for me): because
motivation doesn't work this way.

The SLE based openSUSE releases would mean that there's a gap of 1-3 years or
more, between doing some work in Tumbleweed and the work reaching end users.
And most likely a significantly smaller group of end users than now.

Sorry, the openSUSE regular releases would be *based* on SLE sources -
they are not SLE, there is still a lot of openSUSE in there.

Greeings, Stephan