Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
Am 10.05.2015 um 12:56 schrieb Martin Schlander:
Søndag den 10. maj 2015 11:40:18 skrev jdd:
Le 10/05/2015 11:26, Martin Schlander a écrit :
Those users tend to have an extremely consumeristic approach and won't
ever
contribute a damn thing.

may be we don't work enough in that direction :-)

Like I said, Debian, Evergreen etc. already tried that.

Tumbleweed will never be an option, no matter how good it becomes, it will
still be rolling. Hence I will not use it and I can barely recommend it to
anyone.

why not? It seems for me, but I'm pretty exterior of it that tumbleweed
is more tested than some very appreciated openSUSE regular release of
the past...

Even if we assumed for the sake of argument that Tumbleweed never had any
bugs, it is still more annoying adapting to intentionally changed behaviour
in
Tumbleweed on a daily basis when you're trying to get things done, than it is
to find a workaround for an unintended bug in stable openSUSE once every 9-12
months.

I think there is no point in continuing this discussion: rolling
releases aren't for everyone and for every use case - even a perfectly
rolling release won't.

The question is more: what users/contributors we take out of the regular
openSUSE release user pool by making TW a perfect rolling release? And
my answer: enough to warrant rethinking our regular release's scope.

Of course from a happy user's perspective there is little reason for
openSUSE to change. But those that actually have to deliver your
suggestion of "just maintain it for 26 months" actually do see a reason.

Greetings, Stephan