Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
On Saturday 02 May 2015 00.26:23 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 01.05.2015 um 23:32 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:

If the project finally agrees to have something more stable and longer
maintained and the approach of service packs every 12 months is

And this is the key point. We have to decide for ourselves, what we want
to achieve with openSUSE releases. And if we go there, we have to live
with the consequences - i.e. accepting the patch madness SLE packages
can be.

Greetings, Stephan

Excuse my ignorance, being not that much impacted by SLE in my day life.
For making it clear to the community, I guess that some part of what happen
during a normal SLE cycle
should be published, so the community, knows what kind of consequences we would
have to live with.

What is madness?
Updating a package (like kernel 3.0 introduction) or never update something and
increase its patch numbers until it look like The Tower of Pisa?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot