[opensuse-project] Re: After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 15:45:58 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 06 May 2015 10:08:58 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:

Le mardi 05 mai 2015 à 17:54 +0000, Jim Henderson a écrit :
On Tue, 05 May 2015 09:34:11 +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:

No, it does not. "Support point of view" is something completely
different: how well are we able to support the kernel packages. And
this would be actually one of the reasons why consider SLE (or SLE
based) kernel even if it may be seen "too old" by some.

Well, yes and no. We get users who often ask about how to get the
latest kernel on their build because they want new features (not just
backported fixes).

Well, SLE kernel doesn't only contains backport fixes, but also
backported features.

This is why just thinking in term of version is not good enough
anymore..

Ah, I see - thanks for the clarification, Frederic. It's good to see you
and Scott out here to help the community understand how this all might
fit together. :)

Jim

--
Jim Henderson