Re: [opensuse-project] Re: After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE

On Wednesday 2015-05-06 10:08, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mardi 05 mai 2015 à 17:54 +0000, Jim Henderson a écrit :
On Tue, 05 May 2015 09:34:11 +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:

No, it does not. "Support point of view" is something completely
different: how well are we able to support the kernel packages. And this
would be actually one of the reasons why consider SLE (or SLE based)
kernel even if it may be seen "too old" by some.

Well, yes and no. We get users who often ask about how to get the latest
kernel on their build because they want new features (not just backported
fixes).

Well, SLE kernel doesn't only contains backport fixes, but also
backported features.

This is why just thinking in term of version is not good enough
anymore..

Tell that to the users... versions count for them, and for some scripts,
kernel code, basically everything what was already said last week.