Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE

On Tuesday 2015-05-05 00:35, oldcpu wrote:
On 05/04/2015 11:52 PM, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
From the view of one of the openSUSE forum moderators (and the other
moderators may have a different view, as this is my private view wrt giving
support) I am not particularly keen on seeing a kernel that is too old with
openSUSE. Again , this comes from a forum support viewpoint.
Would applying a Tumbleweed kernel be the only way to address such an older
kernel concern ?

No, probably just add the Kernel:Stable to that install, just like nowadays.

OK. Good to know of the alternative.

Wat "alternative". If everybody has to add K:S to /etc/zypp/repos.d,
we can just directly have the fresh kernels published through
openSUSE:Update instead.

And that's not even touching the question of support, because
support can be equally present or absent no matter the package source
location.