Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE

On 2015-05-02 21:28, jdd wrote:

Le 02/05/2015 21:26, Akash Vishwakarma a écrit :

To tackle with this condition maybe we can decrease the update
rate such that these proprietary blobs don't break. (This idea
may seem ridiculous)
we speak of tumbleweed, here, not an option :-)

Right :-)

Told you the first option seems ridiculous. But might not have read the second
option. So, I'll post it again.

We could decrease the rate of update of specific packages. Not all packages but
of specific packages. For e.g. say Firefox doesn't affect the functionality of
nvidia driver. So we can update Firefox as fast as we can. But faster kernel
updates may break nvidia driver. So we link kernel updates with nvidia driver
update. Then if a user has installed nvidia driver, he would get kernel update
only if nvidia driver gets update or if someone has verified that given kernel
update won't break the nvidia driver then also given kernel update can be
pushed.

Other users who don't have these proprietary blobs can get faster updates.
--
Akash Vishwakarma