Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [05-02-15 15:28]:

Le 02/05/2015 18:37, Larry Finger a écrit :

When a kernel API changes, vmware is a lot slower than virtualbox
to implement those changes. When kernel 4.1-rc1 was released and
symbol IRQF_DISABLED was no longer defined, VB had a fix available
in days. I had already found and fixed the problem, but I did not
bother to submit it to Oracle as I knew they would have already had
the patch in testing.

can you or somebody else make sure that virtualbox runs on
tumbleweed? I don't care of recompiling the module, but I want
virtualbox :-)

I can verify that vb does run on tw. I have experience with many versions
and many distros running within vb on tw. But I cannot verify the current
tw, 20150430, and the current vb, ???, as I have little current need for
vb. I do not know why vb would not continue to preform correctly.

<rant>
But do not get me started on vtrfs1
</rant>