Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE

Le 02/05/2015 21:15, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

No, the point is upgrading 11.4 (on evergreen) to 13.1 (will be on evergreen).

yes, mostly

This was not tested, and the procedure actually refused; I had to force it to go ahead, and it worked perfectly. It refused simply because 11.4 has no /etc/os-release file.

they may be more than that.

I don't see any use of evergreen on desktop (but may be it's just me), but a strong one on servers, because servers do not need usually very new applications, and servers are often remote and so very picky to update -you can't insert a dvd in the reader :-).

But I may see interest in detailed upgrade, including what have changed from last time and is interesting to adapt? I did a bit of this in my page

http://dodin.info/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.OpenSUSE-small-ThirdEdition

but could do something more in depth if needed
jdd