Re: [opensuse-project] [Announcement] SUSE Release SLE Sources to openSUSE Project

On Friday 2015-05-01 17:45, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 01.05.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

No downgrades, no feature backports, no version games.
These are my openSUSE ideals.

I can agree to these ideals - no doubt.

The question is: can the openSUSE project afford to live these
ideals or are we better off with doing Tumbleweed according to the
"upstream first" policy and leave the dirty patching of systemd to
SUSE.

IMO we lived very well by these ideals, up to and including openSUSE
13.2, and living them does not necessarily mean forcing Upstream
First just to approach the ideals asymptotically faster.

But still I don't really see too many openSUSE contributors
interested in fixing bugs in systemd versions released with openSUSE
releases. Usually the answer the reporter gets is: fixed in
upstream/Factory.

I would not find that surprising, given the o:F one has
79 patches, and the one in openSUSE:13.2 has 539. :-)
We are already improving, let's re-test this after the next
release.