Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
Am 01.05.2015 um 16:06 schrieb Richard Brown:

Is it so hard? Those who do, decide - If the GNOME team want to put a
new GNOME on this, they can do that.. same for KDE..or any other
stack..is there another way we decide anything else?

If just it would be so easy. We had GNOME versions requiring bluez
versions that broke KDE and KDE versions requiring cmake versions that
broke libsolv.

So I would draw a line somewhere - let's say the ~1000 packages of ring0
and ring1 are taken 1:1 from SLE and whoever needs a newer package
version in that set needs to make sure it's parallel installable and
does not break anything else. The rest on top is more free to change.

Greetings, Stephan