Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
On 1 May 2015 at 12:32, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2015-05-01 12:07, jdd wrote:
After the Richard talk at OSC,

There is still no video of the presentation.
<https://events.opensuse.org/conference/osc15/proposal/610>

Nor here: <http://bambuser.com/v/5475910>

It was live streamed and recorded - the recording will be posted on
YouTube tonight (insufficient bandwidth at the venue for livestreaming
and uploading to YouTube)
I'll make sure the video gets posted here as soon as it can

In fact it may not be usefull to have three kind of distros, if
Tumbleweed is stable enough *and* can cope with proprietary video
drivers and Virtualbox drivers (is that kmp?), because it's the
only reason one needs really the present openSUSE version

There are many more reasons. But I don't see Tumbleweed ever coping
with proprietary blubs: moving target. The proprietary blubs always
lag behind by several months.

Sad but true, but I also think people would do well to re-evaluate
whether they really need the proprietary blobs - the open source
drivers are getting better, and are a good choice for many people now.