[opensuse-project] oSC15 - Drive to 150
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:15:28 -0500

Hi all,

oSC15 is coming up, May 1-4 in The Hague, and as you may or may not
know we are in a bit of trouble concerning registrations and talk
submissions. Additionally some legislation changes eventually trickled
down to effect us and we have to move our venue. Our previous location
BINK36 is being sold as the current owner is being forced, via
legislation, to re-focus their effort on housing rentals rather than
side projects such as venue rentals. The sales process of BINK36
leaves us in limbo with respect to signing a contract and thus we have
to move to a new venue. Thanks to the effort of Hans and Robin a new
location has already been found and we are ready to leave BINK36
behind and look forward to meet at Westvliet
(http://www.westvliet.nl/algemeen/sfeerimpressie/ .) While this is
primarily a sports facility there is plenty of room for us to hang
out, chat, hack, and have fun together. Thus, as of today we focus on
a new venue and move forward. The new venue is located in a town
called Voorburg just on the outskirts of The Hague. The location is
easily reachable by train from down town The Hague, thus if you
already booked a Hotel there is nothing to worry about.

So much for the news about the venue change, an article will appear
shortly on news.o.o.

Now to my personal appeal to everyone. Yes, we certainly had some
rough times over the last couple of years and some of us are probably
still disgruntled. However, I think the time has come to let the past
rest and look forward to new horizons. oSC15 is a great opportunity to
do just that. We can all come together re-kindle the spirit that has
made past events great with large numbers of us Geekos participating
in oSC. oSC is our event, it can only be successfull if as many of us
as possible participate. Whether we discuss the booth boxes, marketing
efforts, design, or technical contributions, all areas benefit from
face to face time. oSC is our opportunity to meet face to face and
discuss and improve the state of our project. As with every conference
TSP money is available to help get you to the conference. With the
budget in very good shape there will be extra money available for the
TSP to help more people get to oSC. The TSP period will open in the
near future, watch out for announcements.

Please consider to join your fellow Geekos at oSC15 in The Hague, May
1 - 4, 2015. The goal is to have at least 150 people at the
conference, overshooting the goal would certainly be a welcome sign of
live.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you in The
Hague.

Later,
Robert
- --