Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 19:00:51 +0100
On 28/11/13 15:19, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
I agree here with almost all your suggestions, with one caveat. Do not
try and position openSUSE as a demo platform for ISVs. Don't get me
wrong, I strongly believe we need to get more of the open source based
ISVs to support openSUSE, but we should not switch the focus of the
distro to support that goal. Having openSUSE as the premier platform
for software development should be the goal.

Not my intention at all - the idea was to find ways to make the
technologies mentioned relevant to openSUSE's audience (and then
profit!), not to make openSUSE relevant to a different audience.

Will

--
Will Stephenson
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB