Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
jdd - 13:49 28.11.13 wrote:
Le 28/11/2013 13:41, Michal Hrusecky a écrit :
jdd - 13:27 28.11.13 wrote:

how is red hat living?

Good. And SUSE is living good as well. These companies don't depend on what
kids think nowadays that is cool, but on what people need to get work done
;-)

good news. but is this more than server market? is desktop still
important enough as linux client?

My personal opinion - companies don't care about Linux desktop, money are in
server, cloud... But where SUSE/RedHat is going is not necessarily the same
direction as openSUSE, but we can share part of the way ;-)

this is not only to speak. it's to define our market we now target
power users, but in this are geeckos, if geeks go away...

not sure all this tablet stuff is a real permanent thing, but I have
to say I was pretty interested last saturday seeing a tablet running
kde!!

what is fun? what is fun enough to attract new geeks and how can we
have this in openSUSE?

jdd

--
Michal HRUSECKY SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.