Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:47:58 +0100
Stephan Kulow wrote:

[snip]
But at the end of it, all we proposing is a discussion of the future
and just as you say, the openSUSE community has strengths and
weaknesses and one of the latter is long term planning or general
strategy discussions. Do you remember the last? I felt, it was a
disaster.

So I don't think there is a good way to present to the project the
idea that what we're doing is leading nowhere - to noone. Add to that
Agustin's way of saying things and it feels like another disaster.

Well, like you said, there is no good way to say it. You and Agustin
are on the same page here. We're not going anywhere, what are we going
to do about it?

But the openSUSE team's duty towards SUSE is to make sure openSUSE is
healthy and rocking - and for that we need to have a picture from time
to time. We can't just keep having release, party, release, party, ...

Amen.

So there is more to this than "change". SUSE wants some things to
happen within openSUSE, but just as Ralf said in the OSC13 keynote,
SUSE does want the openSUSE to be in openSUSE's hands.

In one way, it would be nice to know what SUSE would like to see, in
another we should be able to take responsibility and set some direction
ourselves.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-1.5°C)