Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016 picture
On 28.11.2013 08:35, Per Jessen wrote:
I wonder what you'll do as someone with the business needs you have if
the end of this gap analysis will be that we don't support
professional environments well enough.

Would you contribute what remains or do you expect "the community" to
do so? Without any means to attack anyone, but the later is what I
often see - people complain about the lack of support from "the
community" when they're part of it themselves.

Hi Stephan,

if the community decides to move the distro in this direction, yes, I
would expect the community to focus on bridging the identified gap. To
what extent I or some of my colleagues could/would contribute, would
depend on the tasks at hand and how well our skills suit them.

But this means we can't make this a christmas gift list. We have to
consider where our skills are and then move. It won't gain us anything
to decide we want to go for "enterprise class ship building with sliding
doors" if none of us has an idea how to do that. And this basically
means we can only go where we have people that know.

And I'm not so sure how that would differ from where we are now: those
that know lead. Can you explain?

Greetings, Stephan