Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016 picture
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:35:10 +0100
Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am 27.11.2013 19:36, schrieb Per Jessen:
4) How do you think we should proceed in order to go from these
ideas to real actions?

Start by identifying which areas need attention. For instance, for a
professional Linux user or admin, which problems do we create today?
In which areas do we lack attention to better suit a professional
environment? Basically take a good look at the perceived/intended
end user, and see where we clash or could have a better fit.

Hi Per,

I wonder what you'll do as someone with the business needs you have if
the end of this gap analysis will be that we don't support
professional environments well enough.

Would you contribute what remains or do you expect "the community" to
do so? Without any means to attack anyone, but the later is what I
often see - people complain about the lack of support from "the
community" when they're part of it themselves.

Hi Stephan,

if the community decides to move the distro in this direction, yes, I
would expect the community to focus on bridging the identified gap. To
what extent I or some of my colleagues could/would contribute, would
depend on the tasks at hand and how well our skills suit them.

Wrt your last comment (probably OT in this thread) - I find it perfectly
allright that "people complain about the lack of support from "the
community" when they're part of it themselves" . Sofar, the community
has not had a single focused objective, it's been largely
anarchy^H^H^H^H do-ocracy. When we're all pulling in all directions at
the same time, some people find themselves going in directions they
don't want to go. They may not be able to do much about it except
complain.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-2.2°C)