Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
Hi,

SHARE YOUR OWN PICTURE

Let me propose you some questions:

1.- What other variables we should put in place to create an accurate
picture of the current state of the project?

Maybe take a look at simple stats that our ambassadors can gather.

Do we have them or is something we need to create?

2.- What is the perception you think others have from the project?

I believe many would think that openSUSE is a mature project with a great
community. A distro that has its own administration tools and has the
backing from SUSE. I think people also don’t really know where the software
is headed or where it can excel. While we are a Linux distribution, I
believe in many instances we are not clearly differentiated from other
distros. This is not necessarily a bad thing, rather we are on par with
other projects as far as experience and strength.

You are claiming for differentiation, did I understand correctly?

3.- What is your perception, your picture?

I believe openSUSE is a wonderful project filled with passionate people. My
picture however is one that obscures itself with the passage of time. I
think we have a smaller community now than what we had when I first joined.
While numbers don’t always mean less quality, I believe that at least, we
need to capture potential contribution and harness innovation.

Are you referring to non technical contributors and contributions?

Saludos

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
openSUSE Team Lead at SUSE