Re: [opensuse-project] oSC14 dates confirmed, IRC meeting on further organization activities
  • From: Andy anditosan <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:38:04 -0700
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Svebor Prstačić <svebor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

The dates for oSC14 have been fixed today, and they are: 24th - 28th April,
2014.

I would like to invite all who would kindly help with the organization to an
IRC meeting.

The proposed date for the meeting to take place is this Friday, November
29th, 17:00 hours CET.

The proposed channel is: #openSUSE-project -
irc://irc.opensuse.org/openSUSE-project.

I am sending the two lists below, which are the proposed table of contents
for the meeting.
- A short status report is on the first list.
- Things we have to start doing, that we really need help with from the
community, are on the second list.

1. Things happening, report:

- University of Dubrovnik and Suse are preparing a venue contract,
-- University of Dubrovnik has confirmed the dates (24th - 28th April, 2014)

- Free Software Foundation Europe is interested in puting a booth at oSC14,
-- Karsten Gerloff (president of FSFE) is interested in giving a talk. Can
we suggest a title?
-- Program commitee needs to be formed to decide on this

- There is an idea to have a business track at the conference
-- Program commitee needs to be formed to decide about this,
-- Program commitee would need to define what it would look like (if we will
have it) - one day or more days; wanted topics etc...

- We have been talking with the Tourist board of Dubrovnik about deals for
accommodation. I hope we'll be able to start making bookings in a week or
two.
-- There is possibility of City of Dubrovnik sponsoring the event
- Tomo (in Dubrovnik) is making a list of locations/bars for parties, will
post info to choose at some time in the near future.

2. Things we need to start doing quickly
- A conference program commitee has to be defined
- Artwork and web design is needed - talked briefly with Carlos, he's
interested to help, but we need more people to help with this

Our team will also help with the artwork for this event. Right now I
have sent out an email requesting information on Croatia's national
symbols to come up with a good logo. After the logo creation we can
start using some of the elements that we had for other conferences
which are reusable, such as geeko money and others.

-- We have a local designer, she can help if needed, with suggestions to
make artwork local; coordinate production of materials locally if/when
needed.

That is awesome!!! Please ask your designer to join our team ML and
also swing by #opensuse-artwork on IRC. That way we can coordinate the
artwork made and also local printing. For this we also need to include
Jos for final printing.

- A CMS for the conference web is needed
-- We can now publish dates and details about the conference venue so we
should get this ready

- We need to deploy OSEM (Contacted Henne, we were waiting for the dates)
-- We need a logo for this

- Call for papers needs to be published - program commitee via mail to
-project and news
release via news.o.o

- Marketing machine has to be put in motion
-- We should get the announcement texts ready
-- news articles; g+ articles...
-- notify tech portals
-- openSUSE conference marketing at FOSDEM - is there a plan for openSUSE
booth at FOSDEM?

- Schedule regular IRC meetings

If there is anything else you think should be talked about, please bring it
up during the meeting, or before by email.

Best regards,
Svebor

Thank you guys for starting this out!!!

--