Re: [opensuse-project] Single point of failure : nvidia
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:30:12 +0100
On Sun, 2013-11-24 at 17:39 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
There are people that are waiting till it is available, without
installing 13.1 till it is. Others are asking, and we can only tell
them to wait, or try the hard way (which not all want).

The question I have for them is..'why'? I've not used the proprietary
nvidia drivers since openSUSE 12.1 and I don't miss them one bit

It's not like I'm an undemanding user either - I'm running multiple
monitors, with a significant amount of 3D acceleration in the form of
GNOME 3 and various games on Steam

Yes, I remember the dark days when nouveux was as useless as an
inflatable dartboard on a submarine with a sunroof, but things have
moved on - Are some of our users stuck in the past, or what specifics
are the open source drivers missing that's causing this to be such a
major concern for some of our users?

- Richard