Re: [opensuse-project] MATE Desktop environment on openSUSE 13.1
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 04:46:07PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Efstathios Iosifidis
<iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello mates,

Congrats to all for the great 13.1 release.

Unfortunately, MATE team didn't make it to the final release. We'll
have it ready next time. There's a repository ready for you. You can
install MATE Desktop without any pain.

The rules for pushing things to the update repo have been getting
looser and I think we now see version updates getting pushed via
updates.

I think it is time to start considering pushing new packages via
updates as well. I don't fully understand the updates workflow, but I
don't see why it would be a bad thing to allow new packages to be
pushed there.

Anyway, I know I too have a package that I'm a week or two away from
pushing to factory. I know it can be added to Tumbleweed at that
point, but I'd also like to get it added to the 13.1 updates repo.

Greg

Well, we can do push version updates to Maintenance, but new packages we
did not yet do.

As MATE is not even in Factory yet, don't think about Maintenance yet,
push it to Factory first.

Ciao, Marcus