Re: [opensuse-project] Question for Upcoming Board elections
On 11/06/2013 01:38 PM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi

I have a question, if someone wants to stand for the elections, can he
or she specifially apply for a one year or a two year team as there
are 2 seats on one year term.

Ultimately the Election Committee has to answer the question. My interpretation is that the answer to your question is "No"

The decision about who gets 1 or 2 year terms is based on the number of votes each candidate receives.

In this election the 2 highest vote getters will receive the 2 seats with the 2 year terms and the next 2 vote getters will get the 1 year term seats.

That is my interpretation of the rule and not "official" the Election-Committee has the final ruling on the interpretation of the Election rules.

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect