Re: [opensuse-project] Stepping down from the openSUSE Board
Thank you Will,

On 10/31/2013 04:39 AM, Will Stephenson wrote:
The time has come for me to step down as an openSUSE Board member. I
ran for the board on a platform of realistic goals for the Board but
over the last years several factors have reduced my time for the
openSUSE project considerably. First, I became a father for the second
time last September (which while a very happy event, has proved rather
more demanding than anticipated) and second, I left the openSUSE Team in
April this year for an internal team at SUSE without any involvement in
openSUSE. Thirdly, changes in how the openSUSE project is handled by
SUSE shifted many new tasks to the Board. So in the last few months the
time I have to meet my responsibilities to the Board has approached zero.

As a result I would like to tender my resignation to my fellow Board
members so that they can get on with organising the upcoming Board
elections with a clear idea of who will be running.

In closing I would like to thank my colleagues on the board, Vincent
Richard, Robert and Andy for their work in facilitating the project's
smooth running and most importantly in sincerely and determinedly
representing the interests of the independent openSUSE project.

We would like to thank Will for his contributions to the openSUSE Board and the openSUSE project. Will has contributed a lot to the project over the years and we hope that at some point in the future he will once again be able to be more active. Thank you Will!

The openSUSE Board