Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal for new Project: ERP
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:06:44 +0200
Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2013, 11:18:51 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 22 October 2013 15.14:03 Axel Braun wrote:
Hello,

I have build the OpenSource ERP System Tryton (www.tryton.org) in my
private sandpit
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home%3ADocB%3Apython_packages
and would like to find a place in the 'official' repositories for it.
And yes, I know that some packages require reqork to match official
guidelines

What would be a suitable place? E.g
repositories/ERP
repositories/Application:/ERP

If this is not the right list to ask, please advise.

Thanks
Axel

I would say +1 for Application:ERP

Do we really need another repo with only a handful of packages in it?

Yes

Why not just put it in devel:languages:python?

Because it is not a python tool or library, but an ERP system

Lacking that I would vote for creating server:python:applications
since we already have server:php:applications. That at least
maintains some consistency with what's out there.

The location should be more steered by the functional scope than by the
programming environment. First it is an ERP system, second only a python
project.

From that perspective, Application:ERP sounds good to me.

Who will create the entry?

Cheers