Re: [opensuse-project] GSoC 14 has been announced and a set of proposals
On 10/09/2013 04:36 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
3. Students must have committed some code / package or some other form
of contribution to openSUSE.

Is anything specifically related to packaging appropriate? The GSoC
sponsorships are for coding not packaging. If a student knows nothing
about packaging what are they supposed to do?

Learn ;)

We are a distribution, packaging is part of what we do. I have been working a lot with people that generally live outside the packaging world lately and I can only say that we need more people that realize that packaging is a very important part of the Linux world.

That does not imply that I think students should just create a bunch of packages, that is probably a bit too simple.

Later
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect