Re: [opensuse-project] Board meeting minutes
Hi,

checking the Board minutes I read:

"2.) Devel process
The discussion about the devel process document puts the board in a somewhat
difficult position. On one hand this is clearly a technical issue and we as the
Board
should stay out of it. On the other hand those that created the documentation
do not
appear to take the requested feedback into consideration and appear to be
ignoring
the feedback provided by the community. However, non of the community members
has approached the board directly to escalate the issue, thus it is not obvious
if we
should take an active approach or not. For now we will monitor this situation
and see if
any action is needed. As always we are all contributors and should participate
in the
discussion as factory contributors.
Vincent added a box to the wiki indicating this is a draft. "
-------------
Timeline[1]
* Wednesday Sept 18th: I send a second mail to factory ML asking for feedback
* From Sept Wed 18th to Fri 23rd: several contributors provide feedback.
* Mon Sept 23rd: Board Meeting.
* Tue Sept 24th: Alberto Planas, from the openSUSE Team at SUSE, proposes the
first
set of changes in the documentation based on the previous feedback.
* Tuesday Sept 25th: Alberto Planas communicates the changes made to the
documentation.
* Sat Oct 5th: The Board publish the minutes from the Meeting held on Sept.
23rd.

-------------
In my opinion, this conclusion from the Board:
"On the other hand those that created the documentation do not appear to take
the
requested feedback into consideration and appear to be ignoring the feedback
provided by the community. "
comes untimely.
Waiting some days (around 4 working days) to analyze the feedback, digest it,
summarize it and introduce changes in the documentation is nothing
extraordinary,
specially when the feedback is provided through a ML with several hundred of
subscribers and the topic is a complex one.
I take the opportunity to encourage everybody to read the documentation[2] and
provide feedback through factory ML, supporting the Board call reflected in the
minutes. We want to make sure that the documentation describes with a high
level of
accuracy the current openSUSE development process.
Saludos
[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2013-09/
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Development_Process
--