Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 12.2 Release follow up
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:05:37 -0500
On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 16:56 +0200, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
* On Monday afternoon we will try to put some effort into the social
media
promotion of the release. We will discuss with you a plan so we are
partially
organize on this.

As I am one of the people who has access to the @opensuse twitter
account and one of the admins for our two Facebook accounts, let me make
some suggestions that will make things easier for us:

- While we'll attempt to retweet as much as possible, it is very helpful
to also create a list of things we want to say on Twitter. Then pull
from the list periodically. We should compile this list by no later
than Tuesday evening. If anyone here has suggestions for cool comments
about 12.2, let's hear them.

- Effective twittering unfortunately means tweeting often. Tweets
posted at, for example, 2:00 UTC are less likely to be seen by someone
living 12 hours away in another timezone. Therefore, we should have
volunteers to manage Twitter in 3 shifts of 8 hours.

- Keeping social media admins informed about news articles as they come
out will be greatly helpful. We'll post those on Facebook, Twitter, G+
etc.

The last time we were well-coordinated on this was during 11.3 release.
It was hugely successful with lots of high trending. We managed to be
on front page of Digg for several hours as a result. I believe we can
be effective once again like the old days.

Bryen