Re: [opensuse-project] Request for a Blue-Ray version of the upcoming openSUSE 12.2

On Thursday 2012-08-30 14:49, Eugene Trounev wrote:

I'm not sure if something like this is possible for 12.2 which is only just a
few days away... p
Also there are a few important questions here:

2. What does Linux support of those devices look like

Pretty much all relevant devices since 1998 support ATAPI.

3. How much of our market has blue ray devices

I'll postulate that read-only discs with areal density less than a hard
disk will be irrelevant before Linux distros get a cd
mastering software that matches cdrecord.

Because hard disks are just so much faster, both in read speed
seek latency, and capacity, people are starting to keep many
disc images on disk already.