[opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla requirements gathering exercise
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:41:28 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:55:34 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:

* Easy sign up
** Minimal user information required
* Working integrated login with other project web apps

These three are clearly related - I think one point to add/clarify is
that we need to maintain existing authentication (as well as existing
data).

* Familiar branding

Yes, agree that would be nice.

* Performance
* Community visibility of bugs in openSUSE reported against SLE

For these two, it might be necessary/desirable to split the existing
bugzilla database so that SLE/openSUSE bugs are a separate database. The
existing implementation pushes bugzilla to its limits (at least as of a
couple years ago that's what I was told about it), so to gain some
flexibility, it may be necessary to clone that data to a new bugzilla
instance, especially if there's a need to extend the usergroup security
in the setup (AFAICR that's one area that really was pushed to the limit
of what Bugzilla is designed to do).

* Relating bugs to packages and maintainers
* Package<->Bug relation
* OBS<->Bugzillazilla relation

I really like these three - it does seem that part of the 'other side' of
this (that is beyond the scope of this discussion really) involves more
concrete ownership of bugs based on package/component.

* Tooling (eg Entomologist, integrated bug reporters like Dr Konqi)

Could be *very* useful for bugs a user can reproduce at will but the
maintainers have difficulty reproducing.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson