[opensuse-project] Bugzilla requirements gathering exercise
Following the recent thread [1] on opensuse-project about obstacles to the
community's use of our shared bugzilla instance, SUSE has started an internal
assessment of how we can improve things for community users, contributors,
employees and enterprise customers - in defiance of the "we can't touch that
part of the infrastructure" meme.

To this end, I'd like to gather here information about your requirements.

Some things I've pulled out of "Bugzilla account creation" and other places
are:

* Easy sign up
** Minimal user information required
* Familiar branding
* Working integrated login with other project web apps
* Community visibility of bugs in openSUSE reported against SLE
* Performance
* Relating bugs to packages and maintainers
* Package<->Bug relation
* OBS<->Bugzillazilla relation
* Tooling (eg Entomologist, integrated bug reporters like Dr Konqi)

If you have any comments on these or on other topics, please add them here.

I'm trying not to touch the Pandora's boxes of bug lifetimes, engineering
responsiveness and mass-closing, but perhaps if we can make our Bugzilla more
community friendly, it will attract more help to solve these.

Will

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2012-08/msg00007.html

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)