[opensuse-project] 12.2 Public Release tasks: call for coordinators (3/3)
  • From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt <abebe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:53:27 +0200
Hi,

This is the last mail of this series.

A. Introduction

In order to get the biggest possible impact for our Release some tasks needs
to be accomplish.We in SUSE will take care of some of them and your input will
be needed in order for other to happen.

Since we do not have much time, coordination play a key role at this point. So
we would like to propose the following.

B. Proposal

In the 12.2 Public Release Action Plan wiki page[1] you can see some tasks
that we'll need your input in order to happen. In the process of getting input
for the Release Process Document, some other might arise.

We believe the best way to coordinate efforts will be to have one coordinator
for each task/group of people that put effort in each task. At SUSE we have
done the same, as you can see in the Organization Chart. This way we make sure
the communication is efficient and each group can organize as they wish.

Mailing lists, works in general, but for tight deadlines and having so many
people involved in this process, we think a person acting as point of contact
is a good improvement.

C. Example

For example:

If three people contribute doing artwork, it would be great if one of them
works as contact for this release process, making sure the communication among
the artwork contributors and other teams involved, from SUSE and the
community, works.

D. Coordination

Ludwig Nussel will add the contact data of that person in the wiki and will
make sure that we all are aware of the tasks that need to be done and the
deadlines/constrains we have. He will be our "Schedule Master" (he hates this
role :-) ).

E. Final Note

We do not expect to be perfect this first time, but there is room for
improvements during following releases. We take this as a learning process.

[1] 12.2 Release Action Plan:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Public_Release_Action_Plan

saludos
--