[opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:32:59 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:41:21 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

On a personal note: I have gone through this list of questions before I
joined the company and I agree it's annoying to say the least. If
there's a relatively low-effort way to fix it, that'd be awesome. If
it's a lot of work to fix it I agree with Jim: we need some numbers
first. In both cases I wouldn't know where to start but again, if you
like, ask formally and we'll try to figure it out.

What I've been able to find out so far is that there's not a lot of data
available - many/most of the openSUSE sites are lacking the necessary
javascript to hook into Google Analytics so we can get that data.

I did raise a bug on the redirect page that comes up when trying to
create a new account starting from an openSUSE site - it's bug 776082.
The redirect auto-refreshes, but it's a delay that can be removed.

There also is a "short form" registration page that we can look into
using for account creation. It'd need to be re-skinned but otherwise it
should serve the purpose and be an easy thing to implement.

Maybe this should be a topic on the next openSUSE project meeting?

Jim

--
Jim Henderson