[opensuse-project] GSoC: AppStream / Software-Center project #8
  • From: Matthias Klumpp <matthias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:52:46 +0200
Hi!
Sorry for the late report this time (since I switched to weekly
reports), but I had a crazy time the last days and haven't had the
time to write this report.
Stuff dome the last week:
* Wrote some more documentation about AppStream stuff
* Discussed the AppStream index library, we now have very concrete plans
* Tried to track down a Zif bug with Richard
- I need this Zif bug solved to continue testing the SC properly,
so unfortunately this stuff took lots of time and isn't finished yet
* More SC madness: Added some more code to make using the SC easier,
found some more things to port to the new API
* Various improvements on the SC
Unfortunately, because testing is very difficult, I'm not really fast
with the SC stuff.
In a few days I have to write a important exam again, so I will now
focus on minor improvements and changes, which don't break the SC much
and might produce other difficulties. (This was planned anyway, since
we're now past the suggested-pencils-down date)
As always, if you have questions, ask!

I'll write a complete report about the stuff I've done after firm
'pencils down' date as a blogpost - there'll also be a video inside to
show you how the SC works on other distributions, because it's still
hard to set-up. I hope I can do as many improvements as possible
before.

Cheers,
Matthias