[opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:28:35 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 23:09:08 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

if the data you demand exists, it is held by Novell..

It's held by The Attachmate Group and SUSE (in a shared data store
shared with Novell).

will they provide it to the community?

I might be able to obtain it. I'm asking around to see if I can get it,
even in a generic form that lets us see the percentages of registrations
abandoned and completed.

One of the challenges is going to be that not all the openSUSE pages are
Google-Analytics enabled yet, it seems - and that the path goes from
opensuse.org to novell.com (for the login page) to suse.com (for a
redirect to the account creation page) and then back to secure-
www.novell.com. GA doesn't seem to handle cross-domain paths very
efficiently when following paths.

But progress is being made on trying to find this out.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson