Re: [opensuse-project] How does the decision making progress is called
On 08/13/2012 02:29 PM, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Hi,

In a recent mail to opensuse-factory [1] , regarding the implementation
of Secure Boot for openSUSE - a proposal for the coming openSUSE release
here is what Andreas wrote

"Based on the feedback on this mailing list as well on opensuse-project,
this is a clear "go" for the proposal."

Now let me begin by stating the proposal is fine, and I am in favor of it.

Nevertheless, the way "clear go " is defined makes me wonder, if the
community is a follower or the leader. I thought the poll system was to
include the community in situations like this, giving the opportunity to
be involved in the decision process.

I'm not getting your point. Polls are done if there is no obvious solution. In this case, no poll was needed since everybody considered it a good proposal.

If what has been preached is not practiced then what does opensuse
member system stands for other than giving the email, irc cloaking and
similar things.

What do you think is preached and do not see it in practice? Please be a bit more specific.

Andreas