Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-project] UEFI Secure Boot
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:27:47PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 08/10/2012 11:44 AM, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:59:26 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

My question is: what would happen when one should use - as I did today -
a bootable CD like System Rescue Disc? (I am guessing that if this were
the openSUSE installation DVD then it would have some code in it which
would allow it to boot without problems.)

The openSUSE installation DVD will of course boot, having all the
proper signatures that you needed to install the OS in the first place.
And it will be booting the kernel present on the DVD, which is signed by
the SUSE key.

Vojtech, would this apply to the current openSUSE 12.1 - or are you
speaking about future releases that have all of this included?

Of course only about future implementation, we don't have any signatures
on openSUSE 12.1 and thus it won't work with Secure Boot enabled.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
Director SuSE Labs