Re: [opensuse-project] update about openSUSE Team at SUSE
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:53:32 +1000
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<abebe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

As you probably know, the team within SUSE supporting the openSUSE community
is going through some changes. To begin with, I have joined SUSE as Team
Leader [1]

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new role. In fact, I'm sure you will,
I've met so many amazing people via openSUSE.

and we are hiring [2]

A marketing writer! I wish I lived in the USA!

Secondly, to reflect the team's increased responsibility for openSUSE within
the company, we've dropped the term 'Boosters' to become simply 'the openSUSE
team'.

From a marketing POV, I'm glad to hear it - it always sounded to me a
bit like a 'boy scout' club or something, not really reflective of the
awesome work the team does.

The goal of this new configuration is:
1.- Simplify management and coordination.
2.- Increase community engagement.
3.- Improve efficiency.

Speaking from the periphery, this seems like an excellent idea and
should see contributors efforts used more effectively.

warm regards
--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx