Re: Fwd: Re: [opensuse-project] UEFI Secure Boot
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:59:26 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

My question is: what would happen when one should use - as I did today -
a bootable CD like System Rescue Disc? (I am guessing that if this were
the openSUSE installation DVD then it would have some code in it which
would allow it to boot without problems.)

The openSUSE installation DVD will of course boot, having all the
proper signatures that you needed to install the OS in the first place.
And it will be booting the kernel present on the DVD, which is signed by
the SUSE key.

In case you wanted to create your own rescue DVD that'd be booting
custom kernels, that'll be possible, too, using the same shim loader
you'll be able to enroll your MOK, or just use one if already present on
the system.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
Director SuSE Labs