Re: [opensuse-project] update about openSUSE Team at SUSE
  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:42:31 -0700
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<abebe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

One of the things we think is needed is to update the documentation related
with the release. We thought it was the first step to go through the entire
process, analyze it and improve it for future releases.

So, we are talking internally with the people involved in previous releases
collecting what they did, trying to have a simple document as an early
result. Yes, this is preventing some of us on focusing on "real release work"
for a few days, but we hope that will save us time in the near future.

Whatever we do can only ever be partial if we do not take account of the huge
amount of work on openSUSE done by the community.

So next week, we will publish a draft describing the release processes, so
that you can give us input for an open release process. The goal is not to
have a perfect document this first iteration, but a useful document. This
draft
will include the actual 12.2 release date. As you can see, we are aiming to
meet the adjusted schedule.

1. There's quite a bit of documentation - which collection are you focusing on?
2. Is there anything us English-speaking-only community members can do to help?

BTW, it looks like 12.2 RC2 is stable enough for "everyday use" now on
my two machines. I'm still running it only in virtual machines because
the machine my spare partition lives on is being used as a data
collection server and can't be rebooted for another few days. But it
will definitely get RC2 some time next week on bare metal.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.