Re: [opensuse-project] Getting OpenSUSE community together
On Thursday 09 August 2012 18:10:57 Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
Eugene Trounev 08/06/12 9:34 PM >>>

Dear OpenSUSE,

As a part of an ongoing effort to make our distro better visually and
user experience-wise we have come to a realization that things would be
much easier if we had some sort of a unified community tool (or a set of
those) to help us widen our outreach. We are aware that there is already
SUSE Connect, as well as an abundance of various mailing lists and IRC
channels. However, few of our users actually know about those, or
actively use them. So the idea so far is to make a desktop application

Make it a web service instead of a desktop application,
so that I can access it from my smartphone as well. Integrating (e.g.
linking, embedding) other existing services adds much value to the
overall experience.
Also, a web-application saves you from the choice between gtk/qt/wx/tk
and people wasing time re-writing it with a different toolkit.

Bernhard M:

Think twice about the TOOL (language) before writing the first line of code :
if you do not do system tasks, but just user boxes, images, some text and so
on, some tools allow you to produce compiled (fast) Qt / GTK / interpreted
Pearl ? / Python ? AND web page for Bernhard, just by re-compiling.
Think about it.

Dsant