[opensuse-project] Re: UEFI Secure Boot
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 22:52:06 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:17:30 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I'm thinking of the situation of a rented 1u (or similar) box far from
my location. I've rented those before that I could have the provider
dump a default OS (opensuse/SUSE, fedora/Redhat) on and then I take it
from there.

In such a situation Secure Boot could be disabled since the OS doesn't
require it to boot. The only time you'd need to use this is if the
system dual-booted Linux and Windows 8, because the Windows 8
installation wouldn't boot if Secure Boot was disabled on the hardware.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson