[opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:52:33 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 07:34:48 +0200, DenverD wrote:

imho the entire form
<https://secure-www.novell.com/selfreg/jsp/createAccount.jsp> is a huge
turn off for most anyone likely to give Linux a try..

My point is that this is an opinion, not a set of data showing how many
times people got to that page and didn't complete filling it out. "Gut
instinct" isn't a very good measure of whether something needs to be done.

in any case the rationale against changing/improving because of "almost
no one complained" is very weak at its strongest..

I would disagree. I've spent years making decisions based on data driven
analytics rather than gut instinct. It's served me very well and helped
ensure that in my own decision making processes, I'm not spending time on
things that are less important.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson