[opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:50:48 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:38:30 +0200, Michal Kubeček wrote:

In general, yes. But almost all bugs I work with require login for any
action, even to just view them. Nevertheless, I still have to log in at
least twice a day (not counting the first login in the morning).

But the check to see if you are logged in isn't handled by Access Manager
- which is the piece that needs to be "pinged" to refresh the timeout.

With web applications that maintain their own cookie for authentication
(like Bugzilla or the forums), there's no "need" (from the application
point of view) to make an external request to check authentication status
- and if there isn't that need from the app, then AM doesn't get pinged
and the cookie it sets doesn't get updated.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson