Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:03:17 +0200
Rajko wrote:

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:45:41 -0700
Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a 1 time thing that needs to be done
(I did it ~ 8 years ago)...

Right, but it is not about number of clicks to login.
It is about information one has to provide to sign up, that some
people consider excessive. They report bug, but no amount of time
spent convincing them to sign up, changed their mind about filling bug
report directly at bugzilla.novell.com .

It is about 3-4 openSUSE users that I know about and it is for period
of last few years, which is insignificant, if one would not know:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participation_inequality.html

Due to this issue alone, openSUSE lost quite some number of reports,
and most likely users.

I completely agree with the core issue here, but I suspect we have more
unfixed/largely ignored reports than we have lost reports due to
this. :-(

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.8°C)