Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Rajko <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 18:03:30 -0500
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:45:41 -0700
Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a 1 time thing that needs to be done
(I did it ~ 8 years ago)...

Right, but it is not about number of clicks to login.
It is about information one has to provide to sign up, that some people
consider excessive. They report bug, but no amount of time spent
convincing them to sign up, changed their mind about filling bug report
directly at bugzilla.novell.com .

It is about 3-4 openSUSE users that I know about and it is for period
of last few years, which is insignificant, if one would not know:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participation_inequality.html

Due to this issue alone, openSUSE lost quite some number of reports,
and most likely users.

They could keep keep me logged in longer

Inactivity counter is about 4 hours.

--
Regards, Rajko