Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Getting OpenSUSE community together
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:26:44 -0500
Since you guys are involved with a lot of the branding stuff, can we
make sure to remember it is "openSUSE" and not "OpenSUSE" or any other
variation? Thanks. :-)

Bryen

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 17:44 -0600, andi robert wrote:
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:33:10 -0400, Eugene Trounev wrote:

How does the idea sound like to you?

I think rather than another social app, we should provide a landing page
(and maybe we already do) within the distro as part of a standard
installation. Something that's the default page in the installed default
browser.

I like this idea. I had not thought about it.

Would you create yet another account for our openSUSE social services?

For some it will be the first time that they become part of a linux
social network. I would encourage more of our users to be in touch
with the community. Additionally, we have tools that can easily
connect us already. All we need is to promote it through the release a
little more.

That seems unnecessary. Most of the services are unified already with a
single login, and that single login should continue to be used, either
directly or indirectly (ie, the way connect/wiki/forums/OBS do or the way
Studio does).

People shouldn't have to remember multiple sets of credentials to
interact with the project, and implementing something that adds a
requirement for a second authentication credential set should be avoided.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson