[opensuse-project] Re: Getting OpenSUSE community together
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 20:43:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:33:10 -0400, Eugene Trounev wrote:

How does the idea sound like to you?

I think rather than another social app, we should provide a landing page
(and maybe we already do) within the distro as part of a standard
installation. Something that's the default page in the installed default
browser.

Would you create yet another account for our openSUSE social services?

That seems unnecessary. Most of the services are unified already with a
single login, and that single login should continue to be used, either
directly or indirectly (ie, the way connect/wiki/forums/OBS do or the way
Studio does).

People shouldn't have to remember multiple sets of credentials to
interact with the project, and implementing something that adds a
requirement for a second authentication credential set should be avoided.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson